Superfood Health Benefits
Cacao is recognised globally as one of the most powerful superfoods. Its incredible health benefits have been well-documented and for generations it has maintained its “food of the Gods” status.
At Solomons Gold we’re passionate about converting our premium, single origin cacao beans into not only a smooth, rich delicious chocolate but also ensuring it retains its highly prized, superfood status during processing.
Unlike bulk manufacturers of dark chocolate, Solomons Gold is able to maintain the highest product quality and consistency, as we manage every stage of the process from growing and hand grading of our cacao beans through to the traditional, artisan roasting and chocolate crafting processes we use.
Our artisan batch roasting techniques ensure we maximise the flavour profiles of our beans and that they retain a host of antioxidants from the raw cacao beans superfood goodness.
Research on its extensive list of vital health benefits sees it provide more antioxidants than red wine, blueberries, acai berries, pomegranate and goji berries combined!
Some of the incredible health benefits include:
- Cacao is an antioxidant powerhouse with approximately 40 times the antioxidant levels of blueberries and more antioxidants than red wine, acai berries, pomegranate and goji berries combined.
- Cacao contains high levels of flavanols which can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels, as well as helping to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- As one of the most nutritious plant-based sources of iron on the planet, cacao promotes high energy levels and can also support a healthier immune system.
- The fibre levels in cacao are ‘off the charts’ and the high soluble and insoluble types of fibre to promote digestive health plus assist with healthy blood pressure levels and good blood sugar control.
- Cacao also contains very high levels of magnesium and potassium which support healthy blood pressure and may help lower the risk of heart disease, arthritis and stroke.
- Its well known that eating chocolate can make you feel good however dark chocolate is a proven mood booster due to raising serotonin levels in the brain.
What’s not to love about our premium quality chocolate!