We are always looking for ways to jazz up traditional snacks and these gluten free dark chocolate scones are the perfect morning or afternoon snack!
You can even make these scones dairy free by swapping out the milk for an almond or soy milk.
•1/2 cup coconut flour
•1/3 cup rice flour
•1/4 cup glutinous rice flour
•3/4 cup almond meal
•3 tbsp cornstarch
•2 tsp baking powder
•1 tsp coconut sugar
•1/2 tsp cardamom
•1/4 tsp xanthan gum
•1/4 tsp salt
•1/4 cup + 1 tbsp butter (dairy free if needed)
•4 tbsp milk of choice
•1 tbsp rosewater
•2 tbsp chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4. Add margarine and rub with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add remaining ingredients except for chocolate and cut in with a table knife until a dough forms. Lastly, add chocolate pieces and knead in.
5. Form a thick circle with the dough and transfer it to the prepared baking tray. Cut the dough into four squares, separate them a little to give them room to expand, and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Slice in half, and serve with jam and coconut yoghurt!