These banana cake nut butter brownies are a perfect balance between a moist banana cake and an intense chocolate brownie.
Made with our single-origin dark chocolate pieces, these dark chocolate brownies are very low in refined sugar and are made without any flour, butter or oil.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup nut butter of your choice (eg cashew, almond etc)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup dutch process cocoa or raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of Himalayan pink salt
125g of Solomons Gold Dark Chocolate Pieces and nuts of your choice, cut into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 160ºC fan bake.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm square tin or 16cm x 30cm rectangular tin with baking paper.
- Combine the mashed banana, eggs, coconut sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in the nut butter ensuring the mixture is well combined (use an electric beater for this if you prefer). Stir in the baking soda ensuring there are no lumps and everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and spread the mix out evenly. Sprinkle with chocolate or nuts if using, and place the brownie into the centre of your pre-heated oven for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- The banana cake brownie is ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Note: if using chocolate for the top, avoid skewering a piece of chocolate otherwise you will get a false skewer result!
- Remove the brownie from the oven and allow to cool in the tin until ready to cut. Store in an airtight container in your pantry for up to a week.
This recipe was created by our friends at Swoon Food.